Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Thanksgiving 2013

Each year my family  gathers at my parents' home for Thanksgiving.  My mom  prepared the turkey, stuffing,  potatoes and gravy, corn casserole, a pasta salad, a sweet salad and pumpkin pie.  As usual it was a terrific meal. Later we had the leftover turkey in sandwiches, relishes and dip, and two more salads.

My sister brought a coconut cream pie and her signature French silk pie.  She also brought a boozy, minty hot chocolate drink that was so rich it could have been served in expresso cups.

Our contribution was deviled eggs, a tray of goodies, an almond cake, Caitlin's pumpkin crunch cake and  Nikole's lefse.

photos


I did not get a lot of photos but here are some of our contributions.


 rosettes, almond bars, krumkake, peanut blossoms and tea cakes

scandinavian almond cake
crunch cake with whipped cream and nutmeg





No comments:

Post a Comment